Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
1 medium onion (diced), 2 carrots (diced), 1 celery stalk (diced), 1 Tbs coconut oil, 1 Tbs curry powder, 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 small head of cauliflower chopped to bite size pieces, 1 cup green lentils (I used French), 1/2 cup basmati brown rice, 1-2 cups coconut milk (regular), 6 cups of water or broth, sea salt or pepper.
1. In a large pot, saute onion in coconut oil until it turns translucent. Add carrots and celery and saute until they soften, about 5 mn.
2. Add spices and stir well to coat, cooking to “toast” spices a few minutes.
3. Add cauliflower and cook a couple more minutes.
4. Add water to soup along with lentils and brown rice, and bring to boil.
5. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally for about 45 mn, or until rice and lentils are well cooked.
6. Add coconut milk and heat through.
7. Serve with lime and chopped cilantro (optional).
Curries are one-pot meals that are easy to make in advance and reheat well. This recipe contains fiber-rich vegetables, warming spices, unctuous coconut milk and complete protein with lentils and rice. Make it part of your meatless dinners!
Gluten-free, Vegan, Vegetarian.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching