Ragoût de bœuf
Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
2 lbs beef stew, 1 Tbs butter, ghee or olive oil, 1 yellow onion (chopped) or 10 pearl onions, 2 cloves garlic, crushed, 2 Tbs cornstarch, 1 cup of wine (or broth), 1 cup beef or vegetable broth, 1 lb root vegetables (carrot, parsnip, turnip, etc.), cut into chunks, 1 Tbs herbs (bay leaf, rosemary, thyme), 1/2 cup chopped parsley, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1 tsp salt.
1. Heat the butter, ghee or oil in a dutch oven over medium heat.
2. Working in batches, brown the meat on all sides and set it aside.
3. Saute the onion in the same pot until golden. Add the mashed garlic, and saute one minute.
4. Add the wine, broth, and herbs. Return the meat into the pot. Cover, and let simmer until the meat is tender for about 2 hours.
5. Add the root vegetables 30 mn before end of cooking.
6. Dilute the cornstarch with 1/4 cup of water in a cup, add to the pan, mix well and cook a few more minutes.
7. Serve individually and sprinkle fresh parsley on top.
Make sure to buy grass-fed organic beef for the sake of the earth, the animals and your health. Conventional meat comes from animals that are treated inhumanely and are given GMO-grains, antibiotics and hormones which are known to cause disease in humans. Cows should graze on grass not grains or they become sick. Did you know we only need 3-4 oz of animal protein daily (size of your palm)? Gluten-free, Paleo.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching